When you need a boost, have a go at harnessing the power of your subconscious mind.
The Internal Pep Talk
- Start by clearing your mind of all current thoughts and distractions by closing your eyes and taking deep long breaths
- Then consciously ‘throw out’ each distraction that enters your mind until it feels clear
- Give it some time and it may even seem like you can see a blue sky image in your mind!
- Into this space, drop verbal suggestions and visual images that capture what you want to achieve
- The idea being that these powerful statements and images will appeal to your subconscious mind which will get to work on helping you find a way to achieve your goals and aspirations
- Use expressions that appeal to the subconscious mind by NOT wording them as ‘I must’ or ‘I will’. Instead use ‘there is no reason why’ or ‘I could be as good as anyone else at…’ or ‘each day, in every way I am getting better and better’, or ‘I know I can achieve all I put my mind to’
- The goals in the wording could be everyday things or long term plans
So, take time out of your life to give yourself an internal pep talk.
See Video: The Internal Pep Talk